This is our new secure website, which is now accepting new memberships paid by credit or debit card
Here are some articles that everyone can read. Members are able to log in and see news tailored to their membership
What is CAIPE?
CAIPE was established in 1987 as a membership organisation and UK-based charity, to promote health and wellbeing and to improve the health and social care of the public by advancing interprofessional education (IPE).
We are a community committed to collaborative working across health and social care and related services. CAIPE aims to promote and develop interprofessional education, research, learning and practice globally.
Extending CAIPE’s definition we recognise interprofessional education as occasions when members or students of two or more professions learn with, from and about each other to improve collaboration and the quality of care and services.
We support students, academics, practitioners, researchers and people who use services
by sharing information and enabling networking opportunities.
Collaborative practice through learning together to work together
As a CAIPE member you will have access to:
- a global interprofessional community
- information on key interprofessional events both nationally and globally
- online resources
- expertise in interprofessional education, research, learning and practice
- funding opportunities
- the online Journal of Interprofessional of Care
CAIPE is one of the leading IPE organisations nationally and internationally and a member of the World Co-ordinating Committee
The World Coordinating Committee (WCC) oversees the All Together Better Health (ATBH) conference series and promotes knowledge about interprofessional practice and education worldwide. The committee includes representatives from regional networks across the world: Australasia (AIPPEN), Europe (CAIPE, EIPEN and NipNet), Japan (JAIPE and JIPWEN), North America (AIHC and CIHC), and Sub-Saharan Africa (AfriPEN). Information about the committee and criteria for membership is on the WCC website http://www.atbh.org, through which you may access the regional member networks.
Workshops and consultation
We offer competitively priced bespoke workshops and consultancy to nonmembers as well as members.
At CAIPE we……
- respect and value people who learn together
- strive for excellence in collaborative practice
- respect and value people who work together
- contribute to a vibrant community of practice
- support innovation, creativity and diversity
- commit to minimising our impact on the environment
- work in partnership with our stakeholders
- empower our membership to bring about change
(Drawn from Principles of Interprofessional Education (Barr & Low 2011)
At CAIPE we aim to……
- promote and develop interprofessional education and learning through all our members
- collaborate with like-minded individuals and organisations nationally and globally in interprofessional education, learning and practice
- foster collaborative accountability
- collaborate with National Stakeholders, Statutory, Professional and Regulatory Bodies in the promotion and development of IPE/IPL
- act as an independent ‘think tank’ to improve collaborative practice and thereby the quality of service provision by the professions learning and working together
- be a national and international authorative voice on IPE/IPL in both academia and the workplace.
- provide information and advice through national and international activities and publications, corporate forums and workshops.
- facilitate the development of a workforce fit for purpose
- make an impact on quality of services