Welcome to our secure website, accepting new memberships paid by card, paypal or invoice
Welcome to CAIPE
The Centre for the Advancement of Interprofessional Education
We are a community of committed individuals dedicated to a collaborative future. CAIPE is one of the global leaders in promoting and developing interprofessional education and learning
News; Events; Call for Abstracts;
What is CAIPE?
CAIPE was established in 1987 as a membership organisation and UK-based charity, to promote health and wellbeing and to improve the health and social care of the public by advancing interprofessional education (IPE).
We are a community committed to collaborative working across health and social care and related services. CAIPE aims to promote and develop interprofessional education, research, learning and practice globally.
Extending CAIPE’s definition we recognise interprofessional education as occasions when members or students of two or more professions learn with, from and about each other to improve collaboration and the quality of care and services (2016).
We support students, academics, practitioners, researchers and people who use services
by sharing information and enabling networking opportunities.
Collaborative practice through learning together to work together
As a CAIPE member you will have access to:
- a global interprofessional community
- information on key interprofessional events both nationally and globally
- online resources
- expertise in interprofessional education, research, learning and practice
- funding opportunities
- the online Journal of Interprofessional of Care
CAIPE is one of the leading IPE organisations nationally and internationally and a member of the World Co-ordinating Committee
The World Coordinating Committee (WCC) oversees the All Together Better Health (ATBH) conference series and promotes knowledge about interprofessional practice and education worldwide. The committee includes representatives from regional networks across the world: Australasia (AIPPEN), Europe (CAIPE, EIPEN and NipNet), Japan (JAIPE and JIPWEN), North America (AIHC and CIHC), and Sub-Saharan Africa (AfriPEN). Information about the committee and criteria for membership is on the WCC website http://www.atbh.org, through which you may access the regional member networks.
Workshops and consultation
CAIPE offers both consultancy and workshops to organisations nationally and internationally wishing to develop or enhance Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaborative Practice.
Do you have questions about mixed discipline training and development within your organisation?
Are you looking for growth and innovation in collaboration and integrated services?
CAIPE provides a range of interprofessional education and collaborative practice workshops, as well as consultancy, for teams, organisations and institutions, tailored to meet their specific requirements. CAIPE is a national and international authoritative voice on interprofessional education and collaborative practice in both universities and in the workplace across health and social care and beyond. CAIPE claims special expertise founded on its members, its publications and its development activities. CAIPE has been successfully running interprofessional workshops for many years, designed by experts in the field in consultation with the requesting organisation. By bringing in outside vision to a problem highlighted by an organisation, new ideas can emerge and participants experience mixed discipline workshop style learning that enables reflection and professional growth.
CONSULTANCY: From our range of expertise we can offer consultancy at a negotiated fee to organisations and institutions wishing to introduce or develop interprofessional education and collaborative practice. Contact email@example.com to discuss.
Example of workshops:
- Interprofessional and collaborative teamwork for practice and service teams
- Leadership development for interprofessional working and collaborative practice
- Interprofessional teamwork development to improve the safety and quality of the patient / client pathway in health and social care
- Planning and delivery of interprofessional education and collaborative practice
- Training the Trainers: facilitation for interprofessional learning and collaborative working, for either a) practitioners and educators within practice, or b) university lecturers
- Service user involvement in interprofessional learning and working
For our full workshop guidelines download:
At CAIPE we……
- respect and value people who learn together
- strive for excellence in collaborative practice
- respect and value people who work together
- contribute to a vibrant community of practice
- support innovation, creativity and diversity
- commit to minimising our impact on the environment
- work in partnership with our stakeholders
- empower our membership to bring about change
(Drawn from Principles of Interprofessional Education (Barr & Low 2011)
At CAIPE we aim to……
- promote and develop interprofessional education and learning through all our members
- collaborate with like-minded individuals and organisations nationally and globally in interprofessional education, learning and practice
- foster collaborative accountability
- collaborate with National Stakeholders, Statutory, Professional and Regulatory Bodies in the promotion and development of IPE/IPL
- act as an independent ‘think tank’ to improve collaborative practice and thereby the quality of service provision by the professions learning and working together
- be a national and international authorative voice on IPE/IPL in both academia and the workplace.
- provide information and advice through national and international activities and publications, corporate forums and workshops.
- facilitate the development of a workforce fit for purpose
- make an impact on quality of services