The GMC has published a revised draft “Outcomes for Graduates” describing the Knowledge, skills and values and behaviours which all newly qualified doctors graduating from Medical School must have.
The GMC state that the document is intended to be:
- a guide for students on what they need to learn
- a basis for medical schools to develop their curricula and programmes of learning
- a blueprint or plan for assessments at medical schools
- a framework we can use to regulate medical schools against
- a summary for those designing postgraduate training on what newly qualified doctors must be able to know and do
A consultation on this draft document is open, there is guidance on how to participate on the GMC website, the closing date is 10th January 2018. CAIPE encourages all members to take part.