- This event has passed.
Community-Based Primary Health Care Working Group
Saturday 10th November 2018
CBPHC is a strategy for achieving universal healthcare. Why are CBPHC and CHWs often either an underfunded afterthought, or left out in favor of “sexier” vertical interventions like mosquito nets for all, or hospital care, despite the accumulated evidence in the literature demonstrating their effectiveness for increasing health equity?
How can you get involved?
– Register for the workshop Register
– Share the event on social media Facebook
– Share this information and link with any professional, university, organization networks in which you participate, that might be interested in attending Invitation
– Add this event to your calendar Add to Calendar
– We also encourage you to submit your abstract if you are a student, young professional, or community health worker. We are especially interested in project case studies that address different approaches to global programming with CBPHC and CHWs, in a domestic or international setting. Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR) or Community- oriented Primary Care (COPC) and CHWs, short-term medical or public health experiences for long-term impact, or vertical, horizontal, and diagonal/integrated approaches to achieving universal health also are subjects of interest.